Congress Planning Committee (CPC)
The CPC is in charge of the organization of the World Congress for Nurse Anesthetists in collaboration with the National Organizing Committee of the hosting country. The CPC is doing the on-site visits for the selection of the city and country bidding for the congress organization. The CPC works closely with the NOC for developing the Scientific Program and the Congress schedule.The CPC meets at least twice a year.The CPC is composed of the IFNA Officers, the chairperson of the previous congress, the chairperson or NOC representative of the current congress, the chairperson or NOC representative of the next congress and the IFNA Executive Director.
- Manda Dunne - UK Chair of the CPC
- Zsuzsa Oroszi - Hungary
- Jackie Rowles - USA
- Ingrid Andersson - Sweden
- Marja-Liisa Ylitalo-Airo - Finland
- Zorica Kardos - Slovenia
- Pascal Rod - France
The Education Committee makes recommendations for the education and training of Nurse Anesthetists. The Committee revises and updates the IFNA Standards of Education, and can assist in the development of Nurse Anesthesia programs. It has developed a curriculum for a Master's program and a Certificate program. The Education Committee is responsible for planning and executing the Education Session at the IFNA World Congresses. It also acts as a jury for the Poster Session at the World Congresses. The Education Committee is in charge of evaluating applications for the three IFNA Accreditation processes (APAP) in collaboration with the APAP Manager. It also gives feedback on APAP document revisions to the APAP manager. All the Education Committee members are experts in education, research and/or as Nurse Anesthesia program directors and faculty members.
Education Committee members:
- Karin Bjorkman Björkelund, PhD, Assistant Professor, RNT AN IC - Sweden, Chair of the Education Committee
- Christian Herion, PhD, MME Unibe, RNA - Switzerland
- Rebecca Madsen, DNP, CRNA, APRN - USA
- Thorunn S. Eliasdottir, CRNA, PhD, Iceland
- Hsiu-Yun Chang, RNA - Taiwan
- Marianne Riesen, BN, RNA, Dipl. Ed. Nursing – Switzerland
The APAP Manager is in charge of the evaluation process of the applicant programs to the Approval Process for Anesthesia Programs (APAP) in collaboration with the Education committee.
- Marianne Riesen, BN, RNA, Dipl. Ed. Nursing - Switzerland
- Betty J. Horton, PhD, CRNA, FAAN – USA
The IFNA Practice Committee is in charge of doing recommendations for the Nurse Anesthetists practice. It revises and updates the IFNA Standards of Practice, Monitoring Standards and Code of Ethics. It collects information about nurse anesthetists and non-physician anesthesia providers worldwide. It also works on guidelines for the Nurse Anesthetists Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The Practice Committee is responsible for planning the Practice Session at IFNA World Congresses. It also acts as a jury for the Poster Session at the World Congresses. The Practice Committee is composed of experts in practice and research in Nurse Anesthesia.
Practice Committee members:
left to right:
- Vera Meeusen, PhD, MBA, RNA, AFACHSM - Australia, Chair of the Practice Committee
- Joyce Kinanu Muriithi, RN, RNA- Kenya
- Jacob Ibsen Vedtofte, MEd, RNA - Denmark
- Jim Walker, DNP, CRNA, FNAP,FAAN - USA